The traditional symbol of Gent is the Dragon, the watchful guard seated on the city tower’s spire. Another symbol of the city is the gallows. You’ll learn about the history of this ancient, and at the same time very up-to-date city. The story of ups and downs, the history composed of paradoxes and riddles.
You will see a medieval Count’s fortress, a witness of the great past. Feel the unique atmosphere owed by the city, first of all, to its inhabitants. You’ll see why Ghent is called the most cozy city of Flanders. You will come to love it sincerely along with its history, buildings, streets, squares, its inhabitants and its legends.
The classic walking tour includes a visit to the Saint Bavo’sCathedral – a masterpiece of Gothic architecture.
During our tour you will also see:
- Belfort – the watchtower, a proud symbol of the independence of a medieval city.
- Royal Flemish Theater, built in the style of the Flemish Renaissance;
- the famous Cloth Rows;
- St. Nicholas Church;
- the building of the old post office, built in an eclectic style;
- City Hall, representing various architectural styles;
- Grasleiembankment – the most beautiful and most lively part of the medieval Ghent, with its unique guild buildings along the Leia River;
- The impressive fortress of the Flemish Counts.
In addition to all of the above, you will get to see many other interesting places of this amazing city.
To order this program, contact us:
E-mail: email@example.com | Tel. +31 20 2614 777