Excursion to the open-air museum “NederlandsOpenluchtmuseum” in Arnhem.
The open-air museum in Arnhem is a real find for anyone who wants to see how the Dutch lived before and live now, get acquainted with their history, their way of life and crafts. The museum was opened in 1918, in order to preserve the cultural and regional diversity of the Netherlands, and in 2005 this museum earned the title of “The Best European Museum”!
During this excursion you will:
- visit the homes of sailors and farmers;
- visit the old pharmacy and laundry;
- see how typical Dutch manufactures (cheese, brewery, linseed oil, etc.) used to work;
- see how boats are made and how the fabrics are painted;
- go to the depot and have a trip on an old tram;
- find out the reason why the hotels for insects are needed;
- visit the mill that makes paper from cotton;
- enjoy the picturesque Dutch views;
- see many other fascinating things.
- This museum features an indescribable cozy atmosphere.
The children will be especially interested in this wonderful place, because everything is allowed to be touched, taken into their hands andinspected. It gets you so involved in the life of the village, that you might lose track of time!
To order this program, contact us:
E-mail: email@example.com | Tel. +31 20 2614 777